A new coat of paint is the easiest way to freshen any home, inside or out. To make sure you do it without all the waste, follow these tips for your next paint job.
- Paint on a sample area before buying: a paint chip doesn’t tell you what that color looks like in changing light conditions.
- Buy only what you need. Try a paint calculator or consult with the store.
- If you only need a little, can you find a color you like at your local ReStore?
- Whenever possible, use latex paint which works as well as oil-based paint for most jobs, and is less hazardous and easier to use.
- Save leftover paint for future use. Make sure you secure the lid and store the paint can upside down. Protect from freezing.
- If you don’t need it, pass it on: take it to ReStore or other locations