Lodging and Property Managers
Whether you operate an apartment complex, AirBnB, a 4 bedroom quadplex, or a luxury resort, we have some great tips for you!
For tourist destinations and visitor lodging
In 2021-2022, we partnered with Campfire Hotel, Mt. Bachelor Village, Tetherow Resort, and The Bird’s Nest Airbnb Center to help property managers and owners set visitors up for success to reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost.
- Download the Guide for Lodging Sites Rethinking Waste here or pick one up at The Environmental Center
- Encourage reuse! What can you make easily available to your guests: shopping bags, foodware kits, coffee mugs?
- Figure out your food waste. For large hotels: do you know about commercial composting options? Try to offer a compost bin for your guests and have composting set up in your on-site kitchen. For smaller places like AirBNBs in Bend, Redmond, and Sisters city limits: did you know we can put wasted food in our curbside yard debris carts? Provide a countertop compost bin in your kitchen.
- Use refillable containers. From soaps in your bathrooms to cleaning supplies, making the switch to refillable dispensers instead of single-use will save you money and waste.
For multifamily housing complexes
In 2020-2021, we supported four multifamily housing properties in partnership with Housing Works to implement recycling infrastructure and resident outreach.
- Download the Multifamily Housing Recycling Guide here!
- Make sure you have very clear signage.
- Provide at least one 95 gallon recycling cart for every 5 units! Remember: recycling containers don’t cost you extra
- If you have space for a cardboard dumpster, get one!
A great thing to keep in mind: increased diversion of recyclables can mean fewer trash pick up days, which saves you money!