CCS Charging comes to Madras
Central Oregon now has it’s first functional CCS combo charging thanks to Pacific Power’s installation of 4 DCFC stations located at the Madras Chamber of Commerce. With Madras sitting in an important highway junction it has been well suited to offer DC fast charging (DCFC) for EV drivers traveling through Central and Eastern Oregon.
Here is a guide to the different options in town:
Chamber of Commerce (Pacific Power’s installation on Chargepoint Network)
- 4 x 50kw DC fast charging stations, each with dual heads to offer either CCS combo or Chademo style plugs to fit all modern EV’s (Teslas will need a Chademo to Tesla adapter.)
- A double head J1772 to offer up to 7.2KW Level 2 charging.
- This is on the Chargepoint network so the Chargepoint app, fob, or phone number can be used to charge.
- DC Fast Charging- 17.7¢/ per minute off-peak, 28.3¢/ minute on-peak; Level 2 Charging- 0.6¢/minute off-peak, 1.4 ¢/minute on-peak ; On-Peak Period Summer- Monday through Friday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; On-Peak Period Winter Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- If you wanted to add 50 miles of range to an average EV it would cost $3.82 off peak and $6.11 on Peak with DCFC and Level 2 charging would cost $0.77 off peak and $1.80 on peak.
West Coast Electric Highway (Dairy Queen on Webasto Network)
- 1 x 50kw DC Fast Charger with a Chademo charging head only (works on older EV’s and Teslas with the Chademo to Tesla adapter.)
- 1 x Single head J-1772 for up to 7.2 KW Level 2 charging.
- As a part of the West Coast Electric Highway operated by Webasto. A Webasto key fob, phone call, or Pay with Plugshare will activate a charge.
- Monthly plan is $19.99 or pay per charge at $7.50/session for DCFC and $4.00/session at Level 2