You can be the Leader of a Movement
So, you just got some free LEDs installed. And you think they’re pretty great.
What are you waiting for?! You’re excited–don’t you think your friends will be too? Now’s your chance to spread the word.
Don’t let your friends miss out. Here are five ways you can help spread the word:
- Let your friends know that you made the switch to LEDs–consider sharing some information on social media. You can download the image below to share.
- Shoot your friends an email and give them the information they need to sign up. “Hey! I just got free LEDs installed by The Energy Challenge. Yes, it’s really free! It’s made possible by their collaboration with our local utilities and the Energy Trust of Oregon. They estimate that we will save about $100/year. You can sign up schedule an appointment online at: www.theenergychallenge.org/freebulbs or you can call them at 541-385-6908 ext. 26”
- Knock on your neighbors’ doors. Seriously! You won’t be the first person to do it and you surely won’t be the last.
- Bring information to your book club, ukulele meet up, or kids’ soccer games. Swing by The Environmental Center anytime to pick some up LED coupons.
- Set up a lunch and learn at work or a post worship workshop. We’ll come and give your colleagues the lowdown on our free program and some other energy saving tips. Just email Neil to set up a time to have us come speak with your group.
Your leadership, makes a world of difference. If every person who has gotten an LED install, referred 5 friends, Central Oregon would save $2.1 million a year in energy costs.
Just in case you need some help describing what LEDs are: here is a line-up of a standard incandescent, CFL, and LED bulb.
Unlike most CFLs (the twirly ones as most people know them), LEDs turn on immediately, are dimmable, and don’t contain mercury. They also last a lot longer and turning them on and off doesn’t reduce their rated lifespan of 25,000 hours. Operating three hours a day, they will last 22 years.
If you have any other questions, just let us know!
Now, get out there and make a difference. We’re so glad we have you on our team!