Hopefully, you’ve chosen gifts well suited for the recipient, bought them an experience, or made them something yourself. Whatever you chose for your gifts, here’s a guide to dealing with the inevitable waste from your gift exchange this year.
Before your party – set up a quick station using any kind of container to separate out what you can REUSE next holiday, what can be RECYCLED, and stuff to put into TRASH. Note: If you put everything in a big garbage bag, one bag, it WILL all end up in the trash.
- Gift bags
- Ribbons & Bows
- Gift boxes that flatten for storage
- Cloth wrapping or bags
- Wrapping paper you really like
- Tissue paper in good shape
- Wrapping paper (except the kind that’s plastic foil)
- Flattened cardboard
- Paperboard packaging
- Paper holiday cards
- Ripped paper gift bags
- Plastic packaging on toys, electronics, etc.
- Foil wrapping paper
- Tissue paper you don’t want to reuse
- Photo printed holiday cards
Curious about what to do with a specific item you have after the holidays? Ask us!