National America Recycles Day November 15

If you’re reading this, chances are that you recycle – and probably more than just pop cans. Congratulations! You are among the 34% of your fellow Americans who also recycle (and what are the other 66% thinking?!?).

In its 15th year, America Recycles Day ( on November 15 aims to educate and increase the amount Americans collectively recycle. This national awareness effort is an initiative by Keep America Beautiful (, an organization committed to helping citizens, businesses and governments to find solutions to preventing and reducing waste and beautifying communities.

For some interesting trivia, here’s what the current level of national recycling efforts does, according to America Recycles Day website:

  • Saves the energy equivalent of nearly 250 million barrels of crude oil or nearly 27 days of all U.S. oil imports.
  • Saves Americans the equivalent of the annual energy consumption of nearly 14 million US households per year.
  • Avoids greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions equivalent to removing more than 36 million cars from the road each year, or growing nearly 5 billion tree seedlings for 10 years.
  • Recycling is a multibillion dollar industry that employs millions of Americans and helps advance our clean energy economy.

Since you already recycle, how about amping up the efforts a bit in honor of the America Recycles Day? Take a pledge to bring your reusable bags (yes, acquire multiple and bring them all) to the grocery store, do a little trash-diving at public events to save the plastic bottles from the trash cans, talk your friends and family into recycling rather than trashing, and share this website with your friends to educate them about recycling, reusing and reducing. (Don’t forget to ‘like’ our Facebook page!

“Recycling is the easiest thing we all can do to save energy, conserve natural resources and create green jobs – recycling is a multibillion dollar industry that employs millions of Americans and helps advance our clean energy economy.” – America Recycles Day –


0 thoughts on “National America Recycles Day November 15”

  • Hello Margaret,

    sorry for the late response. We are not associated with the national America Recycles Day. We are a local organization in Oregon and our posters are geared toward our community. I hope you were able to highlight the day somehow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>