The Deschutes River: A Path Forward
October 23 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
From fish to families, kayaks to carrot seed, ecology to economy, a lot is asked of the Deschutes River. A number of activities affecting the management of the river are bubbling to the surface at the same time, making this a pivotal moment. Join panelists for a discussion of the Habitat Conservation Plan for endangered species, water conservation and irrigation modernization, and community engagement in crafting a future for the Deschutes that meets the needs of fish, farms, and families.
Free, please register here!
- Jason Gritzner – Hydrologist, Watershed Program Manager, US Forest Service
- Ron Nelson – Deschutes River Conservancy Executive Director
- Bridget Moran – U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bend Field Office, Field Supervisor
- Craig Horrell – Chair Deschutes Basin Board of Control; Central Oregon Irrigation District, Managing Director
- Mike Britton – North Unit Irrigation District, General Manager
- Margi Hoffmann – Farmers Conservation Alliance, Community Relations Director
Presented by the Coalition for the Deschutes, Deschutes Redbands Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Juniper Group of Sierra Club, and League of Women Voters of Deschutes County.