- This event has passed.
Soil Health for School Gardens Workshop
October 13 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We know a lot of gardens were unused during the Covid-19 school closures, and as a result are in need of some love. So we’re partnering with local experts to bring you a workshop focusing on soil health for school gardens.
- 4 principles to creating and maintaining soil health
- Fun ways to engage your students
- Native and pollinator plants for our region
- Hands on soil amendment work at the Step Up school garden, just 2 blocks from the meeting space.
Educators will also receive:
- $50 visa gift card (we know your busy, thanks for coming)
- $250 towards soil amendment supplies for their school (1 per school, potential for covering cost of delivery of bulk compost to school as well)
- Follow up assistance and logistics securing volunteers to spread bulk compost at school site if needed.
- Dinner and kombucha
- Regionally specific handouts, and more
We know schools and districts have different schedules and that some of you can’t make the chosen date and time. Please RSVP if you are interested anyway, as we will come up with a virtual alternative.
Email Denise to get added to the email list to stay in the loop for the next Garden Educator Network regional gatherings.