Power Hour: Demystifying the Cost of Building a Zero Energy Home
February 28 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Please RSVP in advance – space is limited.
Join the Environmental Center and Earth Advantage for our February Power Hour!
Building a home that produces as much energy as it needs is no longer a dream or distant goal. We often see hyper-efficiency in custom luxury homes, but there are builders today (in our own community) that can build market rate zero energy homes.
Whether you’re a curious homeowner or building professional, join us on February 28th for an engaging and thought-provoking discussion around big picture concepts and specific, prioritized building techniques for a zero energy project – and the dollars-and-cents of such an undertaking.
Come learn about the many benefits of building zero energy from day one of design, and how this approach will make your home more comfortable, quieter, and healthier for decades to come.
- Bruce Sullivan, owner of Base zero, has been helping people improve energy efficiency for more than 30 years. He has a passion to make sustainable building the norm for new construction.
- Dave and Tina Cady started Performance Homes to make a difference in home building. Their passion stems from previous jobs as home performance contractors, which led them to refine their own construction process. In 2018, they earned Earth Advantage’s “Home Builder of the Year” as well as “Lowest EPS Score” awards.
- Networking: 5:00 to 5:30 pm
- Presentation + Q&A: 5:30 to 6:30
- Networking and mingling with speakers: 6:30 to 7:00