- This event has passed.
Power Hour: Making the most of your smart meter
June 13 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Meet the newest appliance in your home-the smart meter. Learn how you can demystify your energy and water bills.
For many of us, our energy and water bills can be a bit of a mystery. We get our bills once a month and they go up and down seasonally which we know is caused by weather and irrigation changes, but other than that, we’re left to guess what else makes our bills tick upwards.
This is where smart meters can help to unveil some of the mystery in your utility bills. With hourly reporting, you can see how your energy changes when you turn on the dishwasher and when your business opens up shop in the morning. Learn how you can make the most of your smart meter data at home and at work at this next Power Hour.
We will hear from Pacific Power to learn about our smart electric meters and the City of Bend to learn about our smart water meters. We will also learn from the Citizens Utility Board (CUB), a nonprofit group that advocates on behalf of utility ratepayers in order to keep our utility rates low.
This session is for is anyone who lives or works in a building in Central Oregon—so, that means you!
Our panelists will include
- Matthew Chancellor, Regional Business Manager, Pacific Power
- Janice Thompson, Deputy Director, Citizens’ Utility Board (CUB)
- Daniel Denning, Utility Program Specialist-Water Conservation, City of Bend
We will also have additional expert panelists on-hand to answer questions and help you uncover more strategies to save energy at home and at work:
- Brad Moore, Program Engineer, Energy Trust of Oregon Industry and Agriculture Program
- Jesse Holland, Program Engineer, Energy Trust of Oregon Industry and Agriculture Program
- Megan Cummings, Senior Home Energy Consultant, GreenSavers
- Networking: 5:00 to 5:30 pm
- Presentation + Q&A: 5:30 to 6:30
- Networking and mingling with speakers: 6:30 to 7:00