- This event has passed.
How to Cost-Effectively Build Zero Energy Homes
November 6 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$39
Zero Energy (ZE) homes are a big part of the future of homebuilding business. While the materials and equipment to reach zero energy are available, designers and builders must create a bundle of energy-efficiency features that matches their climate, customers, and business constraints. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. This training will will lay out numerous elements of zero energy homebuilding so professionals can formulate a unique package appropriate for their situation:
- Friday, November 6 @ 12PM – 3PM (PDT) – Intro to ZE, Affordability, Design, Site Orientation, Energy Modeling, Air Sealing, Insulation, Certification Programs, Oregon Case Studies, Local Market & Policy Development, & Incentive Programs
- Guest speakers: Matt Douglas, Earth Advantage & Matthew Mills, Energy Trust of Oregon
- Friday, November 13 @ 12PM – 3PM (PDT) – Windows, Mechanical Ventilation, Heating & Cooling, Water Heating, Lights & Appliances, Renewable Energy
- Guest speaker: Mike Ardeljan, Dream Home Building and Design LLC
- Optional Extended Q&A @ 3PM – 3:30PM (PDT) – Offered both days. Will be recorded and provided to participants.