- This event has passed.
Bicycle Film Festival: Bend (NEW DATE)
May 19, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$17
Bicycle Film Festival is coming physically to Bend!
May 19, 2022
Tower Theater – Bend, Oregon
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music over the last 22 years. BFF spanned the world in over 100 cities worldwide to an audience of over one million people. BFF Bend presents a new short film program that appeals to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everyone in between. Curated documentaries, narratives animations, award-winning directors, and emerging talents – all sharing equal billing.
See an authentic and raw glimpse into:
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- Kailey Kornhauser and fellow “fat cyclist” Marley Blonsky are on a mission to change the idea that people with larger bodies can’t ride bikes
- A grueling 240 mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota’s roads less traveled—all within 24 hours
- Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- The story of Leo Rogers A short animation. There’s no stopping where a bike can take you.
- And more….
Tickets are $17 and available now:
Ticket proceeds will go to benefit Oregon Adaptive Sports
About Bicycle Film Festival: Founded in New York BFF has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music the last 20 years. The physical BFF spanned the world in up to 100 cities to an audience of over one million people. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world. The international locales included Paris, London, Tokyo, Shanghai, Mexico City, Cape Town and Istanbul and more at some of the most important venues such as Sydney Opera House and the Barbican or an old factory in Zurich. The Subcultures of cycling have shared equal billing with the most exciting innovators in music, art, design and film.
Participants have included: Erykah Badu, Karl Lagerfeld, Francesco Clemente, Shepard Fairey, Albert Maysles, Michel Gondry, Spike Jonze, Alex Katz, Kaws, Mike Mills, Paul Smith, the Neistat Brothers, Tom Sachs, Ridley Scott, Kiki Smith, Swoon, and Ai Weiwei.