Community Grants Awarded For Waste Reduction
February 24, 2020//
Five organizations / businesses have won a grant from The Environmental Center’s Rethink Waste Community Grants Program to support waste reduction efforts!
Out of 30 compelling applications, there were three winning projects tackling single-use disposables, one working on diversion of wasted food, and one that addresses recycling contamination. The grants totaled more than $7,000.
We are so excited to have been able to fund the following projects:
- Council on Aging of Central Oregon – to implement reusable bags for their Meals on Wheels community-based food delivery program for aging adults across Central Oregon
- Central Oregon Community College – to design and install signage across campus for consistent and accurate education that addresses recycling contamination and encourages increased diversion of recyclables from the landfill
- SCP (Soul, Community, Planet) Hotel in Redmond – to help implement an on-site composting program
- Taco Del Mar: Bend and Redmond – to replace single-use disposable foodware and utensils with reusables for eat-in diners
- Sunriver Owner’s Association – to replace Styrofoam single-use coffee cups with reusable coffee mugs in their establishment
Another round of Rethink Waste community grant applications will open this fall — stay tuned for more information on that!
Leave a Comment