We are looking for a Rethink Waste Program Manager to join our team! Applications are due May 19, 2021. This is an abbreviated summary of the role; please view the full job announcement here.
The Rethink Waste Project Program Manager leads and manages The Environmental Center’s (TEC’s) Rethink Waste Project (RWP), which educates and advocates for waste prevention, reuse, recycling, food waste prevention, and composting in Deschutes County. The position is responsible for all aspects of program planning as well as implementation of day-to-day tasks. The position also works closely with the executive director, supervisor and other development staff to secure funds to support the RWP program and to report on annual program activities to funders and TEC’s Board of Directors.
This a full-time, 36 hours/week position. The work schedule will generally be 9 to 5 with some flexibility. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Right now, due to COVID-19, staff are primarily working from home. This person should reside in Central Oregon (Deschutes, Crook or Jefferson County), and we’re open to discussing a hybrid home/office model in the future to lessen the burden of commuting.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A commitment to TEC’s mission and to uphold the values adopted in our Team Charter
- A commitment to building a more diverse, inclusive organization and a local environmental movement
- A willingness to learn, adapt, and be flexible as we navigate the complexities of COVID-19
- Creative and innovative thinking that can help all individuals to fully participate in our mission
- Communication that fosters collaboration with staff, Board of Directors, members, and local media to achieve strategic goals, while building trust across diverse communities.
Prior experience in the following areas is highly preferred:
- An interest in waste prevention, re-use, recycling and composting
- Public speaking and creating engaging presentations for virtual and in-person events
- Developing and implementing marketing and communications plans
- Using online tools for communications, especially Mailchimp and WordPress (our current tools)
- Managing social media
- Writing engaging, original content for use online and in print
Multilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
WE CAN OFFER:
This is a non-exempt, full-time, hourly position. The wage range is $20 to $25 per hour, depending upon experience. Candidates with skill sets or experiences (such as language fluency or advanced education/training) that significantly contribute to this role may be compensated up to 15% above the base wage. Benefits include a group medical and dental insurance policy (TEC pays 85% of the premium); access to a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with an employer match of up to 3% of the employee’s annual gross income; and a generous personal-paid-time-off policy. We invest in continuing education opportunities for all staff in ways that will help them succeed.
Please submit applications by Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
Please mail or e-mail a cover letter describing your interest in the position, a resume, and three relevant references who can speak to your qualifications, to: