Green Holiday Tip #10: Spend Time, Not Money
Spent all your money but still have a few people on your list? Try a different currency – time.
Having a birthday near Christmas, I remember a few years where I wished that my siblings would hang out with me on my birthday rather than spend time that day searching for a gift for me. Often, time is better than money. Here are some ideas of things to do for someone, or with someone, in lieu of a physical gift. Time is the gift, and there’s no waste in that.
Do Something Nice FOR Someone
- Repair or give their bike a tune-up.
- Make handmade gifts.
- Offer to babysit.
- Build a bookshelf from reclaimed wood.
- Surprise them with breakfast in bed.
Do Something Nice WITH Someone
- Have a tea party.
- Bake cookies.
- Go sledding or xc skiing somewhere new.
- String popcorn or cut out paper snowflakes.
- Go for a nature walk in the woods.
What ideas do you have?