We are looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our team! Applications are due June 10, 2021. This is an abbreviated summary of the role; please view the full job announcement here.
Reminder: we are also accepting applications for a Membership & Corporate Giving Manager.
The Communications Coordinator supports TEC’s success by sharing mission-related information and resources with communities across Central Oregon. While this role is primarily focused on communication activities, it also supports our fundraising efforts. (In our world, communications and fundraising are very connected!)
This is a 32 hours/week position with benefits. The work schedule will generally be 9 to 5 with flexibility. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Right now, due to COVID-19, all staff are working from home. This person should reside in Central Oregon (Deschutes, Crook or Jefferson County), and we’re open to discussing a hybrid home/office model in the future to lessen the burden of commuting.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A commitment to TEC’s mission and to uphold the values adopted in our Team Charter
- A commitment to building a more diverse, inclusive organization and a local environmental movement
- A willingness to learn, adapt, and be flexible as we navigate the complexities of COVID-19
- Creative and innovative thinking that can help all individuals to fully participate in our mission
- Communication that fosters collaboration with staff, Board of Directors, members, and local media to achieve strategic goals, while building trust across diverse communities
Prior experience in the following areas is highly preferred:
- Using online tools for communications, especially Mailchimp and WordPress (our current tools)
- Managing social media
- Writing engaging, original content for use online and in print
Environmental initiatives, including those of The Environmental Center, have too often been exclusionary. Environmental injustices and climate change disproportionately harm the most marginalized people in our society including people of color, from working class backgrounds, women, and those who are LGBTQ+. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and strongly encourage people with these identities to apply.
WE CAN OFFER:
This is a non-exempt, full-time, hourly position. The wage range is $18 to $22 per hour, depending upon experience. Candidates with skill sets or experiences (such as Spanish language fluency or advanced education/training) that significantly contribute to this role may be compensated up to 15% above the base wage. Benefits include a group medical and dental insurance policy (TEC pays 85% of the premium); access to a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with an employer match of up to 3% of the employee’s annual gross income; and a generous personal-paid-time-off policy. We invest in continuing education opportunities for all staff in ways that will help them succeed.
Please submit applications by Thursday, June 10, 2021.
Please mail or e-mail a cover letter describing your interest in the position, a resume, and three relevant references who can speak to your qualifications, to:
The Environmental Center, Attn: Lauren Williams
16 NW Kansas Ave, Bend, OR 97703