Oregon League of Conservation Voters Education Fund works to increase the political effectiveness of Oregon’s environmental community by educating, training, and coordinating citizens and organizations.
Protecting Oregon’s environment starts with the people of Oregon.
That’s why OLCV Education Fund is dedicated to giving Oregonians the knowledge and skills they need to be effective advocates for the environment. OLCV Education Fund also educates elected officials about environmental priorities.
OLCV Education Fund’s largest programs are coordinating the Oregon Conservation Network, a statewide coalition of environmental groups that promotes environmental protection in the Oregon Legislature, and coordinating the Central Oregon Conservation Network focused on local and regional government bodies and voter engagement efforts.
- The Oregon Conservation Network (OCN) is a coalition of more than 40 organizations that work together to build the environmental community’s political power in Salem. Through this network we have helped build momentum to pass positive, commonsense laws that protect Oregon’s natural legacy. At a strategic time in each regular legislative session, OLCV Education Fund and OCN organize a “Citizen Action Day” at the state capitol. OCN’s 2015 Environmental Lobby Day offered participants the opportunity to; learn about OCN’s legislative priorities from policy experts, learn how to engage effectively in the legislative process, and meet with their Over 200 citizens from across the state attended in 2015.
- The Central Oregon Conservation Network (COCN) is a coalition of 10 local organizations dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life in Central Oregon by bringing together the conservation community to transform environmental priorities into action and improve environmental outcomes in the region. COCN aims to; increase communication and coordination about issues within the conservation community, identify and prioritize environmental issues for action, and take strategic action on selected environmental issues. Find out about our current Priorities for a Healthy Central Oregon.
- OLCV Education Fund also offers a “Citizen’s Toolkit” to educate individuals on methods for taking action on environmental issues. Our Citizen’s Toolkit provides tips for writing, calling, and meeting with elected officials, writing letters to the editor, calling in to a talk radio show, testifying at a public hearing, and making a point at a town hall meeting.
- Pledge to support our Priorities for a Healthy Central Oregon
- Join us at our events
- Make a tax-deductible donation
- Receive our E-newsletter
Join OLCV Education Fund and fellow community members who care about protecting Oregon’s natural legacy for Pints and Politics: the third Thursday of the month from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Broken Top Bottle Shop in Bend.
Learn more about OLCV Education Fund online at http://www.olcveducationfund.org/!